mattmus4357

I'm New Here
These are the clip nuts that help secure the gear leg fairing to the fuselage with 6-32 screws. Anyone know what they are and where I can get them? I ordered 6-32 clip nuts from Spruce and they’re much different.
IMG_7943.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7944.jpeg
    IMG_7944.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7945.jpeg
    IMG_7945.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
They look like they're just floating clipnuts. If you cant find the exact style you need at Spruce try Monroe Aerospace, McMaster-Carr or Grainger.

I just looked them up on Aircraft Spruce's site - and theirs look better ...

HFS

They look like they're just floating clipnuts. If you cant find the exact style you need at Spruce try Monroe Aerospace, McMaster-Carr or Grainger.
I just looked them up on Aircraft Spruce's site - and theirs look better ...

HFS
I’ve bought 3 different PNs from spruce and McMaster, all the clips are too small. I’m going to keep digging. Thanks!

Here you go ...
Here's a pic of the page (180) out of GAHCo's catalog showing the "AN" specs for "Nut Clips".

GAHCo is about the premier seller of goods like this, and their catalog is one of the better resources for obscure fasteners ...

They used to be in Paso Robles, CA, but have since moved to Montana.

Their toll free phone number is (888) 247-2738. Very knowledgeable about their product line & always available to help.

HFS

Attachments

• Clip Nuts - GAHCo.jpg
    Clip Nuts - GAHCo.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
We (or maybe just 'I') call those "Bacon Nuts". The part number on the bag is BACN10FX83, though those are 8/32 not 6/32. Hmm, It's almost lunch time.