inktomi

Sponsor
Hi -

On the off chance that I'm dense, does anyone know if there's anything I should do to a brand new Nova 90 degree drill before the motor body would work? I've got the air at 90 PSI, and it comes out the exhaust of the drill when I press the trigger. But it doesn't spin. If I take the head off the drill, the head spins on it's own - so it's something in the body.

Any ideas? Is there a maintenance manual or anything for these drills? I couldn't find anything like that on the Pan American Tool site. I've got a call into them about it as well - but anything to check in the meantime? Maybe just need to get a wrench and gently do something?

Does the motor shaft turn if turned by hand? If so, does it do so freely? If so, try rotating the motor by hand for a few turns then reapply the air. I have an air drill that "sticks" once in awhile and the above gets it turning helped by a couple of drops of new oil.
If the motor does not rotate at all, call the manufacturer.

The motor shaft does not turn at all. I did try to turn it back and forth to see if it might unstick. I'll call them on Monday.

To close the loop, Pan American Tool Company emailed me back before I woke up (they're in Flordia, I'm in California) and told me to call in to replace it. They are replacing it, free shipping, and including some extra bits for the trouble. Super nice folks, didn't even want me to try to do anything here since it's a brand new drill.

I'd recommend them based on this experience for pneumatic drills.