GrinchF16

Well Known Member
Quick question.. The left brake pedal for the right seat goes to the floor. Right brake works fine. Both brakes work fine from left seat. No leaks. Doesn’t quite make sense to me.

Could this be the internal o-ring in the brake cylinder has failed and is allowing the piston to move without creating pressure?

With no evidence of external leak I can’t figure out what else it would be that still allows the left pedal/left seat to function properly.

Thanks for input

Quick question.. The left brake pedal for the right seat goes to the floor. Right brake works fine. Both brakes work fine from left seat. No leaks. Doesn’t quite make sense to me.

Could this be the internal o-ring in the brake cylinder has failed and is allowing the piston to move without creating pressure?

With no evidence of external leak I can’t figure out what else it would be that still allows the left pedal/left seat to function properly.

Thanks for input
Sounds like an internal oring bypass to me. Might be a good time to pull the masters and reseal them all----before you have an issue fromt he left seat.

Sounds like an internal oring bypass to me. Might be a good time to pull the masters and reseal them all----before you have an issue fromt he left seat.
That’s what it sounds like to me as well. Just rebuilt all four cylinders and added SS lines (from you guys, look great btw) 50 hours ago. Will definitely go in and rebuild that cylinder. Just when you think you have a handle on it and get to go fly for a bit….

Thanks!

That’s what it sounds like to me as well. Just rebuilt all four cylinders and added SS lines (from you guys, look great btw) 50 hours ago. Will definitely go in and rebuild that cylinder. Just when you think you have a handle on it and get to go fly for a bit….

Thanks!
Were things ok, and the plane sat up for a while?

Were things ok, and the plane sat up for a while?
Things have been great. Just installed a new engine and at that point we re-did the brakes and lines. Have been flying it very consistently since then. Last flight my CFI son was in right seat and I kinda chastised him for his exit from the runway and he said brakes didn’t feel right…. Sure enough…

Things have been great. Just installed a new engine and at that point we re-did the brakes and lines. Have been flying it very consistently since then. Last flight my CFI son was in right seat and I kinda chastised him for his exit from the runway and he said brakes didn’t feel right…. Sure enough…
then certainly, if the other masters have good pressure, then pull the misbehaving one and find the issue.