Desert Rat

Well Known Member
FYI- the nylon tee fitting that screws into the brake reservoir on RV7 drawing 36, has been superseded.

I spent a TON of time scattered out over several days looking for this thing and assuming that I'd hidden it from myself some time in the last year.

Nope, that little quick-on connector in bag 1975-1 that I thought was a pitot/static connector? turns out that's the guy.

Once it dawned on my that even vans probably wouldn't ship a static line connector in a bag with a bunch of brass elbows, I called tech support and they verified.

I hope this saves somebody else some time, but maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize what was going on here :)

Attachments

• IMG_6791.jpg
    IMG_6791.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 159
Y-version

A little more digging in the Parker catalog and I came up with a “Y” fitting — I’ve used it on several builds now, and it makes the lo-pressure brake line routing even “better”

Attachments

• A9D7A4CE-B716-4A7E-9152-0C8C51FB7EBA.jpg
    A9D7A4CE-B716-4A7E-9152-0C8C51FB7EBA.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 51
Terry, thats because its actually a quick connect from an airbrake assembly, thats pretty commonly used for pitot and static.

Tom

I looked at the sheets for that fitting and it is designed for air with nitrile seals. Will it not fail with brake fluid after a while?

I looked at the sheets for that fitting and it is designed for air with nitrile seals. Will it not fail with brake fluid after a while?

Van's has been using the the W371PLP-4-2 (the "T" version) in kits for a while now...

I've not encountered any issues using MIL-H-5606 or MIL-PRF-83282 fluids. However, DOT-3 might be an issue...

Last edited:
FYI- the nylon tee fitting that screws into the brake reservoir on RV7 drawing 36, has been superseded.

I spent a TON of time scattered out over several days looking for this thing and assuming that I'd hidden it from myself some time in the last year.

Nope, that little quick-on connector in bag 1975-1 that I thought was a pitot/static connector? turns out that's the guy.

Once it dawned on my that even vans probably wouldn't ship a static line connector in a bag with a bunch of brass elbows, I called tech support and they verified.

I hope this saves somebody else some time, but maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize what was going on here :)
Thank you - I too had been searching for the fitting - looking for brass!

Interesting as I have just rebuilt my Matco master cylinders, these would have made it a bit easier to remove them and to plug the tube to stop fluid dripping out, is there a 90 deg fitting for the master cylinder?. When did the design change?
Figs