Rv14 G3x garmin system.

Hey everyone, I’m mocking up the guts of my G3x system and wanted some advice before I start putting holes in things. I’m posting a few pictures, first is how I mounted my gtx45r. The only thing I can see here is that if I put a copilot side mfd, I may have to pull that mfd to slide the 45r in and out. I suppose I’m okay with that as I like this mounting position for the 45r. It’s out of the way.

The second set of pics I’m posting is a some angle I am mocking up to mount a vpx pro and a tcw ibbs . I plan on putting nut plates some all points are removable including the angles themselves. My only question really is do I have enough room on either side of the vpx pro?

Is it a bad idea to put the tcw ibbs there? Should I put the GEA24 instead? What do you think?

Important to mention I did the avionics access panel mod already for the 14.

Attachments

• IMG_5168.jpeg
    IMG_5168.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5169.jpeg
    IMG_5169.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5170.jpeg
    IMG_5170.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5171.jpeg
    IMG_5171.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
Be aware that you need to plan for the depth of the connector, as well as the bend radius of the wire bundles beyond that. It is more than you would think and you will need to be able to extract the connector from its mate, as well.

Think about having to get to those devices behind the subpanel either lying on your back or through small access ports. There's plenty of room between the panel and subpanel.

PS you will have to take out the MFD to slide out the GTX.

Attachments

• IMG_2590.JPG
    IMG_2590.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2583.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 31
I mounted my 45 R on a hinged panel behind the copilot mfd. I can remove a couple of screws and swing it down for removal. I removed it at Oshkosh once to get the software updated at Garmin. Fortunately, now we are able to do software updates ourselves and it can be done without removing the 45R. I mounted the VPX on the underside of a similar hinged panel on the pilot’s side. Plenty of clearance for my legs and I am over 6 feet tall. Lots of fun fitting the 10# of potatoes in the 5# sack. 🤔

My RV14 also incorporates a VPX, GTX45R and TCW etc, so have a peek here for some pictures of my solution.