123Mike

I'm New Here
Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing/importing either an RV-4 or an RV-6 and the insurance co. is asking for 5 hours of dual instruction. The stumbling block is the lack of dual controls in most RV-4s I've seen so far. Does anyone in BC provide transition training for RVs, or is this something I will have to travel south of the border for?

Thanks!
Mike

Travel South

I imported a -4 in 2007, kept it at Pitt Meadows. Went south to Oregon and had Mike Seager give me a tailwheel checkout and transition training in his -7. Worked out very well, would do it that way again.

Pilot Dog Ship said:
Are you already tailwheel qualified?
I'm relatively new to tailwheel aircraft, but I've been flying a Citabria for the past month and plan to continue flying it enough to at least stay current.

SMO said:
I imported a -4 in 2007, kept it at Pitt Meadows. Went south to Oregon and had Mike Seager give me a tailwheel checkout and transition training in his -7. Worked out very well, would do it that way again.
This is probably what I'll end up doing if I can't find someone a little closer to home.

Cheers,
Mike

RV Training lower mainland

Terry McEnvoy (250) 802-9023 ...one of the best there is; he used to do acrobatic shows with RV 4 and 6s about 15 yrs ago and spent the last 10 as chief pilot on a Citation 10. Did my transition...and broke some habits that creep into 25 years of flying!!!