What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14 distance between seatframe and roll bar

I’m starting the order process for my interior and I’m hoping someone can measure the distance between the top of the backrest seat frame and the roll bar. I’m debating whether or not to get the headrest option from Lemke and if it will interfere with baggage access. Thanks in advance!

I’m starting the order process for my interior and I’m hoping someone can measure the distance between the top of the backrest seat frame and the roll bar. I’m debating whether or not to get the headrest option from Lemke and if it will interfere with baggage access. Thanks in advance!

It will if the Lemke seat disables the ability to tilt the seat forward.

For all of the side by side RV's Other than the RV-10, owners typically tilt the seat fwd during baggage loading / unloading, to maximize the baggage area access.
As long as the seat would still tilt fwd., a head rest would be no factor in effecting access to the baggage area.

Thanks!

Thank you both very much. After countless hours on the forums, I had no idea the seats were able to fold down! Always learning.

It will if the Lemke seat disables the ability to tilt the seat forward.

For all of the side by side RV's Other than the RV-10, owners typically tilt the seat fwd during baggage loading / unloading, to maximize the baggage area access.
As long as the seat would still tilt fwd., a head rest would be no factor in effecting access to the baggage area.

Except in flight. Something to consider, in my opinion.

Except in flight. Something to consider, in my opinion.

I somewhat agree… I have had instances where the left or right seat occupant had to rotate slightly while reaching just to access something that had been strategically placed so it was accessible in flight, and personally I would have no interest in a headrest because of the potential blockage for view, looking aft out the right side.

Back