What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about hole size in F-1039J rudder pedal Jig

hoppytodd

I'm New Here
Hi Guys,

I am on Chapter 29 Page 14 step 2 of the RV-10 plans where it directs me to use the supplied part F-1039-J as a jig to drill the 6 Rudder Pedal holes. My question is the plans say these holes should be drilled #12 on mid longerons on each side of the Fuselage. The holes in my F-1039J jig are not #12 size but are larger and #10 sized. Is this a misprint? I can imagine that this part would be "punched" incorrectly at the factory for the wrong size holes. Anybody else experienced this? Since it is a longeron I am waiting to get word before I drill it.

The holes in my jig are right on size for a #12. Maybe Vans punched a batch with the wrong size.

Thanks Eric,

I went back to the project today and although there was some play with the #12 bits it wasn't what it was the day before. I must have a drill bit mix up somewhere so the problem must rest on me. I tried several #12 bits and all has the same issue so who knows what I was doing. Thanks for your response.

Back