What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

U-00713C, DWG-C1, Nose Wheel Fairing Bracket

wirejock

Well Known Member
U-00713C, DWG-C1, Nose Wheel Fairing Bracket
Are these supposed to be loose?
They are not under any bolts. They fit over the washers.
Seems like the pant will vibrate. I suppose it's like that so they can be removed without pulling the axle bolt.
20220708_135219.jpg

U-731C nost wheel bracket

The aluminum bracket slot should be just "loose" enough to slide the aft part of the wheel pant on/off. At least that's how mine fit. After 1000+ hrs the wheel pants and brackets are holding up just fine.

The only change I made was to the forward socket head cap screws. Had to use longer ones to accommodate a Bogart tow bar. Also found the black oxide steel ones rusted from moisture exposure during flight...rust was on the front side of the bolt heads. The longer bolts are just long enough to be flush with the wheel pant, so are a bit more exposed to the outside airflow than the original shorter length. The fix there was to use stainless steel bolts. No troubles since. (Rust maybe not a problem in Colorado, but it is a bit in coastal California.)

On my RV 10, the inner washer was just a bit thinner than the bracket----I had to loosen the axle nut a half turn or so to release the bracket.

Tightened down, it clamped the bracket so it would not move at all.

Cotter Pin

Completely random and unrelated:

It appears the cotter pin at the fork pivot point castle nut did not capture the second hole in the gear leg. Is this a temporary installation? Might want to check on that.

Cotter Pin

Completely random and unrelated:

It appears the cotter pin at the fork pivot point castle nut did not capture the second hole in the gear leg. Is this a temporary installation? Might want to check on that.

Yes. I knew someone would catch that. I'm still making sure all the parts fit. I hate throwing away cotter pins because something isn't quite right and the component has to be disassembled.

Back