What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose A20 Ear Seal Replacement

RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I know there are other threads abouts different headsets. I am starting this for the Bose A20 headset only.

It appears that after 5 to 8-years, the Bose A20 ear seals will start to deteriorate and need replacement. The FAKE leather will start to crack and flake off. I know Bose recommends replacement at 6-months or 350 hours of use.

I do NOT want to hear about other headset ear seals, just the Bose A20 ear seals or aftermarket replacements.

Has anyone found a better ear seal for the Bose A20 other than the OEM ear seals? (Even if the price is higher than the MSRP of $29 USD.)

I know the OEM are a little pricey. I have had other headsets that had cheap (they felt cheap) ear seals. Want to keep the feel of the Bose OEM but am open to spending more for something that is a lot better and longer lasting. I do NOT want to spend less money on replacements that feel almost as good or lasts almost as long.

Is there an EASY way to install the new Bose A20 ear seals? To me, pulling and sliding the lip of the seal is not difficult but also not as easy as I think it could be. I have seen other brands of headset where the ear seal just SNAP on and the ear seals work very well.

Please keep this thread limited to Bose A20 ear seals or Bose A20 replacement aftermarket ear seals.

Oregon Aero

I was on the Oregon Aero website a couple of days ago and noticed they have A20 ear seals.

I used Oregon Aero seals on a different headset many years ago and thought they were very high quality but I have no experience with their A20 seals.

These have worked very well for me. I have them on two different sets of A20s and no issues with the material from leaving them in a hot cockpit on the glareshield. So far, these have lasted longer than the OEMs that one of those A20's came with. They look and feel like OEM...I can't tell the difference. Even though it's not that much money, I can't think of any good reason to pay twice as much for OEM's when these are available for $15/pair.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...acement+ear+pads+kapon,electronics,122&sr=1-3

Last edited:
Just bought a BOSE Accessory Kit Headset A20 - Ear Cushions, Headband, Windscreen, since the lot was getting worn out.
Good value and easy to fit methinks :)

I know there are other threads abouts different headsets. I am starting this for the Bose A20 headset only.

It appears that after 5 to 8-years, the Bose A20 ear seals will start to deteriorate and need replacement. The FAKE leather will start to crack and flake off. I know Bose recommends replacement at 6-months or 350 hours of use.

I do NOT want to hear about other headset ear seals, just the Bose A20 ear seals or aftermarket replacements.

Has anyone found a better ear seal for the Bose A20 other than the OEM ear seals? (Even if the price is higher than the MSRP of $29 USD.)

I know the OEM are a little pricey. I have had other headsets that had cheap (they felt cheap) ear seals. Want to keep the feel of the Bose OEM but am open to spending more for something that is a lot better and longer lasting. I do NOT want to spend less money on replacements that feel almost as good or lasts almost as long.

Is there an EASY way to install the new Bose A20 ear seals? To me, pulling and sliding the lip of the seal is not difficult but also not as easy as I think it could be. I have seen other brands of headset where the ear seal just SNAP on and the ear seals work very well.

Please keep this thread limited to Bose A20 ear seals or Bose A20 replacement aftermarket ear seals.

Bose will replace them for free (and most all other service items) at the tent at OSH in the event you are planning to be there. They take 3 min to replace. It's simple.

Bose will replace them for free (and most all other service items) at the tent at OSH in the event you are planning to be there. They take 3 min to replace. It's simple.

I was gonna say the same thing.
My OSH checklist has the headset on it, so I don’t forget.

I have not experienced the breakdown on the A20s yet, as they get replaced every year at OSH. My X headset did that, and I had to buy a replacement set since they no longer support them.

Last year at OSH they did not offer the service. Hopefully that was a COVID one-off…

hope

I have not experienced the breakdown on the A20s yet, as they get replaced every year at OSH. My X headset did that, and I had to buy a replacement set since they no longer support them.

Last year at OSH they did not offer the service. Hopefully that was a COVID one-off…

I hope you are right but I am guessing that the loss of that service will be "the new normal"...

I hope you are right but I am guessing that the loss of that service will be "the new normal"...

Thanks. I will make a mental note to see if I can get Bose to replace them FREE next year. I already purchased Bose OEM parts from VAF advertiser Aircraft Spruce. One headset needed done now but the other could have waited.

Will look at the Oregon Aero offering at AirVenture Oshkosh. I would spend the extra money if they would work for me and my eye glasses. Have had issue with some ear seals and my eye glasses so only want to spend money on something that I know will work great or better than the OEM.

Back