What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about Page 26-2 Part F-1066C

hoppytodd

I'm New Here
Hi Guys I have been priming the parts of the fuselage bulkheads and while those parts dry I started collecting the parts for the Chapter 26 "Mid Fuse Mid ribs and Bottom Skins". I have a question and thought one of you might have the answer, otherwise I will wait until Van's support opens later today. Page 26-2 Step 1 Instructs me to break apart the F-1066C Reinforcing angles. I can not find part F-1006C. I have a part listed as F-1066C-2 which is a reinforcing angle but has holes for nutplates and does not resemble the part shown on the plans. I have gone through my Fuselage inventory sheet and do not see a part F-1066C listed anywhere. I have F-1066A, and F-1066B, and F-1066C-2 as I said before.

Am I missing something? I do not see this part listed in on the inventory sheet so I wonder if there has been a change or something else I am not aware of?

Thanks,
Todd

Attachments

• IMG_5815.jpg
    IMG_5815.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5816.jpg
    IMG_5816.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 153
I recently saw that Van's has a retrofit kit for a new flap motor. It looks like the same one as the PHAvation motor. That F-1066C-2 you have is part of the retrofit kit so they must be using that motor with all of their new kits but they must not have updated the build instructions yet.

https://store.vansaircraft.com/10-flap-motor-retrofit-kit.html

Tim, I think you are on to something. I have the new flap motor and the other brackets I have are in the new kit. Now I just need to find out how this changes the plans. Good catch, Thanks!

Todd

I just checked the plans on Van's website and the version there is updated to use the new flap motor parts. Just log into your account in the web store, then go to 'My Aircraft', then 'Download Kit Plans' and download section 26.

I just checked the plans on Van's website and the version there is updated to use the new flap motor parts. Just log into your account in the web store, then go to 'My Aircraft', then 'Download Kit Plans' and download section 26.

Looking at the kit and bits it looks like you'll have to match drill the spacers using the bracket as a guide and substitute the part numbers for angles and bushings as you go. And then use the section 40 instructions for installation.

Slight Thread Drift...?

It looks like the same one as the PHAvation motor

Is there a way to determine if this is the case? I deleted the stock actuator because I wanted to go with 3rd party, perhaps PH....

Thanks
Mike

Is there a way to determine if this is the case? I deleted the stock actuator because I wanted to go with 3rd party, perhaps PH....

Probably just have to reach out to Van's or PH. I based my statement entirely off of the appearance of the motors and the fact that I heard from another builder that the one sold by Van's has a built in position sensor. However, Van's sells just the motor for $200 while PH sells it for $349 so it's entirely possible that they are different motors.

Back