What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

it’s the ears I tell you

pulsar

So I had a minor medical issue a little while back, nothing serious and nothing that would prevent me from passing a medical (double ear infections that took 3 weeks to get cleared up), but I’ve noticed that my tolerance for the bumps is way way down. Was up the other day on a reasonably calm day and was glad I had the sick sack in my pocket. It was not an enjoyable flight. Any advice in regaining I am ability to tolerate the bumps? Or is it just time in the air and exposure to train my brain that everything‘s OK?

If airsickness is a new thing, I am willing to bet your inner ear issues is not totally cleared up yet.

Bob burns
N82rb
Rv-4

Hey Dan, might be worth visiting an Audiologist that does vestibular testing to see if there isn't lingering inner ear stuff going on.

Otherwise vitamin-G and exposure therapy! :)

Hope you get your air legs back quickly!

NAMI (Naval Air Med Inst) would have grounded you for 2-4 months after a bout like that. I'm no doc, but they took it very seriously, maybe because of the symptoms you're experiencing. For sure, worth getting checked out. Good luck!

Back