VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

  #1  
Old 08-05-2021, 02:22 PM
Alchemist Alchemist is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Glasgow, KY
Posts: 173
Default First time flying into Oshkosh !

My Airplane partner Scott and I first time flying into Oshkosh EAA Air Adventure in our Van's Aircraft RV6-A. We did the Green Lake transition, ripon, fisk, to 36L, Yellow Dot. What a great experience , we had a blast! I made a video of endeavor, the cable came unplug from my camera and lost ATC audio but here is the documented trip!

Happy flying
https://youtu.be/m8_gLyTMcMM
__________________
Justin Richardson
Vans RV-6A N457DH
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-05-2021, 02:50 PM
FlyingBanker's Avatar
FlyingBanker FlyingBanker is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Eatonton, GA
Posts: 258
Default

Nicely done! Hit the dot right on the money.
__________________
Jim Bedsole
N62MG - RV-6A "Promises" - bought flying
Dues Paid
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2021, 06:22 AM
Saville's Avatar
Saville Saville is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KBVY Massachusetts
Posts: 1,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
My Airplane partner Scott and I first time flying into Oshkosh EAA Air Adventure in our Van's Aircraft RV6-A. We did the Green Lake transition, ripon, fisk, to 36L, Yellow Dot. What a great experience , we had a blast! I made a video of endeavor, the cable came unplug from my camera and lost ATC audio but here is the documented trip!

Happy flying
https://youtu.be/m8_gLyTMcMM
Really nice video.

I've never been to Osh.....You refer to 36 Left...on my Foreflight airport diagram there is no left/right. Do they divide the runway lengthwise into a Left and right side?
__________________
Flying RV-8 N880BC
2021 Dues - happily paid.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-06-2021, 06:34 AM
Mel's Avatar
Mel Mel is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas area
Posts: 11,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saville View Post
Really nice video.

I've never been to Osh.....You refer to 36 Left...on my Foreflight airport diagram there is no left/right. Do they divide the runway lengthwise into a Left and right side?
During the airshow, the taxiway is remarked as a runway.
__________________
Mel Asberry, DAR since the last century. Over 1,000 certifications accomplished. Discount for Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters.
EAA Flight Advisor/Tech Counselor, Friend of the RV-1
Recipient of Tony Bingelis Award and Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award
USAF Vet, High School E-LSA Project Mentor.
RV-6 Flying since 1993 (sold)
<rvmel(at)icloud.com>
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-06-2021, 06:42 AM
Saville's Avatar
Saville Saville is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: KBVY Massachusetts
Posts: 1,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
During the airshow, the taxiway is remarked as a runway.
Gotcha. Thanks
__________________
Flying RV-8 N880BC
2021 Dues - happily paid.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-2021, 12:49 PM
Alchemist Alchemist is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Glasgow, KY
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBanker View Post
Nicely done! Hit the dot right on the money.
Thanks ! made the few spot landing practice attempts worth it at my home airport before the trip We had a blast, can't wait till next year!
__________________
Justin Richardson
Vans RV-6A N457DH
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.