What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting airworthiness certificate - A nice solution found

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
As many of you know the new airworthiness certificates and ops limits come on full sheets of paper that are thick indeed. This has of course made it more difficult to mount elegantly.

I happened to be perusing Walmart and found something that was almost custom made for the job! Not to mention it will be the cheapest RV mod there is! haha

If you look at the pics you can see what you will need to mount the certificate and how I chose to do it. Hardest part was deciding what to line it up with. This holder is fairly thick but not too thick; it is perfect. It is just thin enough that a good pair of scissors will cut right through it. Just put the papers in and trim to fit. I then slapped some Velcro adhesive strips on the back and mounted it to the fuse.

Anyways, this question has been asked many times in the past year on VAF so I figured I would post how I chose to do it. Keep in mind the papers can only be folded once. (or so my DAR says)

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    645.8 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 521
The only thing BAD I see about the FAA's "new way" of issuing the Special Airworthiness certificate is that one cannot reproduce or alter it. (photocopy in the airplane and original at home / hangar)

Those of us with the old style 8130-7 Special Airworthiness Certificate cannot laminate the certificate but it has been acceptable to have a copy of the Operating Limitations as long as an original 8130-7 was in the aircraft.

The only thing BAD I see about the FAA's "new way" of issuing the Special Airworthiness certificate is that one cannot reproduce or alter it. (photocopy in the airplane and original at home / hangar)

Those of us with the old style 8130-7 Special Airworthiness Certificate cannot laminate the certificate but it has been acceptable to have a copy of the Operating Limitations as long as an original 8130-7 was in the aircraft.

But...nothing prevents you from photocopying the package to keep at home or in the hangar file cabinet so that if your cockpit gets flooded, or you need to look something up hen you’re not in the hangar you have that capability.

Paul

Registration must be displayed, the C of A must only be "available to the pilot".
DAR Gary

Sorry, but this is backwards. The Airworthiness Certificate must be displayed. Ref: §91.203(b)

The registration, Op Lims, and current W&B must be on board.

Last edited:
Does it have anti-copying features in it or something?

What's to prevent you from making a high-quality scan on you computer and printing on appropriate paper?

Back