What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Have'in a ball.............. ( it's worth the pain, don't quit! )

sapeloson

Well Known Member
............................................:D.....................................

https://vimeo.com/469878568

First 360 video.... got the mount stiffened up today so next video shouldn't be so shaky or show the stitched area on the wing...

Attachments

• Take Off Smoke.PNG
    Take Off Smoke.PNG
    388.1 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
Inspiring!

Awesome day of fun for you, looking good!

Thanks for the report!

Appreciate it.

Andy
(A guy who is just starting the journey- empennage delivery tomorrow)

Yep.........

Still a little work to get it perfect but, close.... I need to stiffen it up a little.
Will sand and shape the mounts and paint the pole once I get it right.....

Attachments

• pole mount.jpg
    pole mount.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 345
sorry, just saw this.....

What kind of pole and mount(s) are you using?

It was originally a 5/8" OD aluminum tubing but, that was to flexible. I have just added a 3/4" OD 5/8" ID tube over it and weld it all together... It seems much more rigid now but, I haven't flown it yet.... should work perfect... I'll know in a few days...... Purchased tubing and parts from ACS. 1/4-28 internal threaded rod end fitting into the 5/8" tubing then a SS exhaust stud 1/4-28 x 1/4-20 for the GoPro mount..... All welded up... Then used some scrap starboard shaped for level support and mounting to 8/32 wing tip mounting holes.... I may change those mounts to 10/32 at annual if I think I need more strength. I can post more pix it you'd like... You must keep all of this within and directly under the footprint of the camera for it to "disappear" in the video
Tim

Back