What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N205EN is Now an Airplane

RV10Pilot

Well Known Member
A long time in the making, but today My RV-10 kit #40356 past the airworthiness inspection and became an an airplane. Sorry missed last weeks party when both Dace and Larry’s RV-10s were inspected, but now there are 3 RV-10s at X35 to fly off their 40 hours. Thanks to DAR Arnold Holmes for doing a through job inspecting my plane. No loose jam nuts but 4 under sized cotter pins that were easily replaced. If you need a DAR in Florida I highly recommend Arnold. Thanks to the entire Saint Aviation crew. Without their guidance I would still be building for another 15 years.

Attachments

• 8A3950DB-2DBF-403F-9B0D-4B3011B56B3F.jpg
    8A3950DB-2DBF-403F-9B0D-4B3011B56B3F.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 251
Congratulations Larry! Great job, completing the project you started 15 years ago. She will carry you on many great adventures. I can’t wait to see her fly today!

Congratulations Larry! I’m sure the purple was a plus. Looking forward to seeing you back at X35 to fly the 40.

A long time in the making, but today My RV-10 kit #40356 past the airworthiness inspection and became an an airplane. Sorry missed last weeks party when both Dace and Larry’s RV-10s were inspected, but now there are 3 RV-10s at X35 to fly off their 40 hours. Thanks to DAR Arnold Holmes for doing a through job inspecting my plane. No loose jam nuts but 4 under sized cotter pins that were easily replaced. If you need a DAR in Florida I highly recommend Arnold. Thanks to the entire Saint Aviation crew. Without their guidance I would still be building for another 15 years.

When I inspect an aircraft and find "no loose jam nuts" (very rare), I always tell the builder that they have at least one. Just because I didn't find it doesn't mean it's not there. BTW, Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Hat’s off to you for reaching this milestone! Now go enjoy the 1st flight.

Back