What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-12 in the Registry!

1974av8r

My slow-build RV-12 (s/n 120509) passed it's Airworthiness Inspection this morning with flying colors, and I could not be more proud of it.

I want to personally thank Mr. Arnold Holmes (my DAR) for such a pleasurable experience during the A/W Inspection. He is an incredibly knowledgeable man, and he actually made the inspection enjoyable. I've dreamed about this day for so many years, and now it's a memory....such a strange feeling.

I also want to thank Mr. John Young for the transition training he gave me in his RV-12. John is a professional, he has a great sense of humor, he knows the airplane intimately, and the time we spent together was invaluable. I am really glad I made the trip up to see him.

First flight will be sometime next week when the weather is just right, but I have already flown it in my head a few hundred times.

Wheel pants, stabilator fairnings, glareshield, and Koger sunshade were all ordered today. Paint slot is reserved for November 1st.

What a phenomenally satisfying and wonderful journey this has been.

Finally, thank you to everyone on this blog. I am definitely a "lurker", and the information I have harvested from this website could honestly be a supplement to the KAI. Such a great group of people (with the occasional sorehead, but Scott and Mel usually handle them quite elegantly). ;)

Thanks again.

Richard,

Congratulations

By the way I know of at least one 12 builder who is slower.

Life does get in the way at times.

Good luck and safe flying.

Regards, Dave

Back