What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gauging interest

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Everyone. I have a decision to make, so I thought I'd gauge som interest.
My 7/7A fuselage is about at quick build stage. Started life as a 7TD, but I proposed to change to a A model. Mounts not installed. I made good progress until life events of 2015 until now happened. Really havent touched it in 4 years. Suzanne got sick, business expanded, and I just cant dedicate the time I need to finish it. Business responsibilities come first. I need the space in my prototype shop.

So----I have a few choices. See if a RV7 guy wants to finish it, or use the forward section as a full scale mockup. Thought I'd see what if any interest there was. Fuselage, empenage. No wings.

Tom

I bet I speak for more than a few when I say I hope, somehow, you can be the one to finish the 7A in the coming years - even with all the other things taking up space in your head and your shop floor.

You've been there for us as we labored through our builds, Tom. Is there anything we can do for you to make your RV dreams a reality?`

Tom, if I wasn't already flying an RV I'd buy your project in a heartbeat. I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it if that's the route you choose.

On another topic, yesterday I was sitting in an aircraft maintenance forum here at the ICAS airshow convention in Las Vegas. Several airshow pilots, flying various different aircraft, were talking about how TS Flightlines makes the best hoses in the country. That made me smile since you're one of "our" Vans RV guys. You have a great reputation in the airshow community!

Hey Gash----Thank you so much, but its a team effort. Steve and I have worked really hard to produce a great product. Even have some metric fittings designed to upgrade all those rubber hoses to teflon. Keep that in mind!
Tom

Everyone. I have a decision to make, so I thought I'd gauge som interest.
My 7/7A fuselage is about at quick build stage. Started life as a 7TD, but I proposed to change to a A model. Mounts not installed. I made good progress until life events of 2015 until now happened. Really havent touched it in 4 years. Suzanne got sick, business expanded, and I just cant dedicate the time I need to finish it. Business responsibilities come first. I need the space in my prototype shop.

So----I have a few choices. See if a RV7 guy wants to finish it, or use the forward section as a full scale mockup. Thought I'd see what if any interest there was. Fuselage, empenage. No wings.

Tom

Tom - we haven't done business together but you have reached out to me several times to provide advice - unbidden, with no hope of profiting from the advice you give. That puts you on the very short list of folks with whom I'd do business in a heartbeat. Integrity is everything and you have it in spades.

With that having been said, I'll suggest that we may have been down similar paths. We had some "life" happen to us. In 2017 the amount of "life" that was thrown at us was nearly overwhelming. Instead of caving, I set an aggressive goal - to have our aircraft flying by the end of the year. Made it with only a few days to spare, and not without significant effort from friends and family. It was that effort, that concentration, which got me through the rough days of "life".

Find a good friend or two to help you out with your build. In fact, if one of them wants to become the build master, let them. Retain overall design and quality control. Pay folks if you have to. Don't let the dream slip from your grasp. It is only by fulfilling a dream that we experience true fulfillment. You will get through life's challenges - having a project to work on "just for you" is an excellent antidote to feeling like you're running on a treadmill where somebody else controls its speed.

Back