What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picking up commercial passengers . JAX

g zero

Well Known Member
Looking at picking up and dropping a friend at the Jacksonville Airport. They fly in commercial and exit the terminal. What’s the best way to get them on the ramp to board my plane ? I was thinking the FBOs that are in the field but they look like a Jet parking lot …. Probably wouldn’t know what to do with a Tailwheel Prop Plane .

Pax transport

FBOs will usually do shuttle service to & from the terminal and sometimes local hotels. You could call ahead and ask. Driver is usually one of the line guys. I tip at least $5 for each trip.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Looking at picking up and dropping a friend at the Jacksonville Airport. They fly in commercial and exit the terminal. What’s the best way to get them on the ramp to board my plane ? I was thinking the FBOs that are in the field but they look like a Jet parking lot …. Probably wouldn’t know what to do with a Tailwheel Prop Plane .

I love going into the big FBOs, they kind of get a kick out of it too (sometimes). Going into Million Air in Burbank you even get a red carpet rolled out next to your cockpit.

That FBO adds a huge surcharge to the gas, so it seems prohibitive until you realize you aren't buying that much and for fifteen extra bucks you get the royalty treatment.

Last edited:
We’ve landed a 172 there to drop folks off.

They will shuttle you to and from the main terminal. They hit us with a landing fee, and we tipped the driver. We used Signature, but I believe that Sheltair is a bit less expensive.

Last edited:
Back