What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A fuselage cart plans/images?

Hello all, I am in the process of purchasing an RV-9A project. The fuselage is on it's gear and the engine has been installed. I am installing a 72" wide French door in my walkout basement in order to get the fuse in for completion work. I will still need to pull the main gear legs and have the fuse on a cart of some sort with wheels narrow enough to get through the door opening. Just curious if anyone has done something like this and what the cart might look like. I have some ideas but would like to gather as much info as possible. Thanks

Here are some photos of what I used. I modified (slightly) someone else's plans found on the internet.

IMG_0671-M.jpg

IMG_0672-M.jpg

I ended up lowering the stand by taking off about 8". This way I could open the canopy in the garage without hitting the ceiling. It also made bending over to reach inside the fuselage much easier. Here it is lowered. I also added some more bracing on the rear cradle.

IMG_0071-M.jpg

I got this cart from another builder after his project was on legs. Two carpeted pads, an area for parts storage, and strong wheels for rolling it around. Sadly, nobody wanted it when I tried to give it away so it’s lumber now!

Back