What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G5 Electronic Flight Instrument for Experimental/LSA Aircraft, V8.0

eld

https://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-01485-00

Change History:
Changes made from version 7.10 to 8.00:
Added support for Smart Glide
Added ability to simultaneously arm flight director VNAV along with GP or GS mode
Added additional data to SD card flight data logging
Added notification of missing/undetected battery (requires configuration change)
Added support for GMC 507 flight control monitors
Added menu option to diagnostic page to access AFCS diagnostic log
Added support for LP+V CDI scale
Improved AFCS operation with blocked pitot tube
Adjusted appearance of dual cue flight director
General improvements to system operation
Includes update to GMC 507 software version 3.10
Includes update to GAD 13 software version 2.10
Includes update to GAD 29C software version 2.20
Includes GSA 28 software version 4.90/2.20
Includes GAD 29 software version 3.40

Last edited:
Thanks for the info eld.

It is a pity state that Garmin, being present on this site used by thousands of their customers, can't inform us directly when an update is available...

Unfortunately Garmin still hasn't implemented the promised option (or auto changeover) from IAS to TAS as Vne... it would be a nice option on standalone installs of which there are quite a few around.

Vne TAS

Thanks for the info eld.

It is a pity state that Garmin, being present on this site used by thousands of their customers, can't inform us directly when an update is available...

Unfortunately Garmin still hasn't implemented the promised option (or auto changeover) from IAS to TAS as Vne... it would be a nice option on standalone installs of which there are quite a few around.

We notify the VAF community with each software update we release to include relevant information about any new features or changes, to supplement what is listed in the software change log in the download section of our website. The post for this update can be found here.

You can configure Vne in terms of TAS in your G5, in the airspeed configuration menu.

i-MJdF8V6.jpg

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks to you Justin (aka Garmin rep here :))
eld just seemed faster than you guys publishing the update…

And copied the TAS as Vne, I’ll try this one out, thanks for the update(s) and support!

Vertical guidance with G5.

Wanting vertical guidance on my G5 I ordered a GAD 29C ARINC box from Steinair. Installation was a bit of a challenge, and I hit a wall when I couldn't get my G5 to communicate with my GPS400W. The cause was that I had not updated my G5 software. Thanks to Stein at Steinair and Caleb and others at Garmin I was pointed in the right direction and climbed over that wall. The G5 is a remarkable little PFD/HSI. I love having it in my panel and am anxious to fly RNAV approaches with it. John

Back