What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I finally updated my panel!

KentuckyMike

Well Known Member
I finally updated the panel in my 6A. I did have to move one panel support brace to get the G3 in the location I wanted. It is a very simple panel but so far it does what I need and I am loving it. I kept my EchoUAT for ADSB out but added a Garmin GDL 50R to display weather and traffic on the G3. It is very neat being able to control the com, transponder and autopilot from the G3 screen.

Attachments

• FFB1D185-F2F8-4D88-BBFA-2E2BC3E0A6A8.jpg
    FFB1D185-F2F8-4D88-BBFA-2E2BC3E0A6A8.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 373
  • 8907B32D-BC03-414D-8239-BF58090D7CCF.jpeg
    8907B32D-BC03-414D-8239-BF58090D7CCF.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 494
Love it 👍🏻
What more could one ask for?
Finally no display of displays for whatever reason, nor backups to the backup of the backup… the view outside shall remain the best, tech to help, not hinder :cool:

PS
The day my VM1000 dies, I might be heading this way… though the bare thought of lying down below that panel (mine’s riveted acc the plans) for countless hours, with the flap lever and one of the stick trunnion nicely wedged in between some of my vertebrae, ain’t really my idea of fun… been there, done that ;)

‘Simply’ great

Great panel! 👍 I’m trying to make ours a lot like yours. What’s your empty weight?

"Dan 57
Love it
What more could one ask for?
Finally no display of displays for whatever reason, nor backups to the backup of the backup… "

Couldn't agree more!

Big Change

I like my panel but I might be heading the same way. The new panel seems to simple.

Attachments

• Panel Right Cropped.jpg
    Panel Right Cropped.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 199
My new RV6 will have a very similar panel. Simplicity has its advantages - cost, time, weight, to name a few. Advanced capability has diminishing returns, depending on where you are located, your mission requirements, and your stage in life. For many of us, a simple panel that tells us more than any simple panel ever did in the past, is the answer.
Nice job Mike!

Back