What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where are you?

Mike.Smith

I am almost set on building a -9. Those of you that have them, where are you? I would like to take a look a one or three.

I am almost set on building a -9. Those of you that have them, where are you? I would like to take a look a one or three.

Mike have you ever thought of buying an RV? Unless you love tinkering the building makes little financial sense. Spend a year looking, figure out the finances, buy and enjoy. :)

Building

Mike have you ever thought of buying an RV? Unless you love tinkering the building makes little financial sense. Spend a year looking, figure out the finances, buy and enjoy. :)

Thanks for the reply Vlad, but yes I do love to tinker/build. I am doing my due diligence now and it could be that I wind up buying. Either way I would like to take a look at a -9 or two.

Hey Mike- Can't go wrong with and RV. Might be easier if you tell us where you are and people will chime in if they are close. If you can get to OSH you'll be able to look at one or three or fifty three.

cheers

Osh

Hey Mike- Can't go wrong with and RV. Might be easier if you tell us where you are and people will chime in if they are close. If you can get to OSH you'll be able to look at one or three or fifty three.

cheers

I wish I could get to Osh, but that isn?t in the cards this year. I am in central Alabama, but am always up for a road trip.

You should be able to find something no farther than Huntsville; RVs seem to grow like weeds up there. For just looking/sitting, don't limit models to just the -9. -6s & -7s both have a virtually identical fuselage. The roll rate is higher on the 6/7, and the stall's a bit slower in a 9, but the overall experience would be the same. If you don't find anything closer, I've got a -6 near Jackson MS, and a friend here has a -9A.

Charlie

White pages...

I didn?t know about that! Dan, I will talk with you soon about that one. Dennis, I may take you up a look at your too. Thanks all.

Catch a ride with someone up to Oshkosh in a couple weeks - you'll have a few hundred of them there to look at.

This weekend

If anyone is going to be working on their plane this weekend and wouldn?t mind a visitor let me know. I am willing to make a road trip if necessary.

Down at the Coast

There is a -14 being built in Pensacola, and another near Pascagoula. There is a flying -9 based at Trent Lott near Moss Point. Paul has a 7 (9?) in Foley, AL. We are VERY SLOWLY building a -10 in Mobile.

Don't know if that helps, but good luck!

Mike

Back