What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon and Garmin 695 connected to Garmin GDL 39 NO NAV with ADSB-IN

Hollywood

Anyone know how you can have Dynon Nav data with ADSB IN on a 695? I have the Dynon hard wired to my 695 and hard wired to my GDL 39. As it is, I have to choose one or the other on the setup page. My 695 does not have bluetooth so both have to be wired. Thanks

So what I see is that the selection at the top of the setup/interface page has to be selected to NMEA to display on the DYNON to receive data from the 695. When I select that, there are no more options available below it. This does not allow me to select any options to include the GDL39.

So what I see is that the selection at the top of the setup/interface page has to be selected to NMEA to display on the DYNON to receive data from the 695. When I select that, there are no more options available below it. This does not allow me to select any options to include the GDL39.

Sounds like you have not made the required wiring changes as detailed in the manual reference I provided...

As explained on page 217 in the 695 manual, the selection at the top of the page has to be set to "Garmin Data Transfer" so the 695 will communicate with and find the GDL 39. Once it does that, it will offer the option to set the GDL 39 Pass-Through Serial Format (e.g. NMEA Out) needed for your other system.

AL9nZEW2e32FOdKYHX0eYdNJDtoi5LrVOJ6y1lS3D-dW1bIHGp0awqiXd09o3OcV-sE8WElSVVRtV-ikoGgB92zHZp0_fVxRvZvvf6_4PK3iB6THPh4yY_FNMGHByc2W-d_WE9NCj-aqOIHs5PvioawTtHh3=w380

Steve

Thanks Steve, I get that but I loose my connection to my Dynon via NMEA. I will see how it's wired and hope that is the issue.
WW

The Dynon will need to be wired to the orange wire (and black ground) in this example from the manual.

69X to GDL 39 Pass Through Wiring.png

Steve

Well I hooked it up as advertised and I got the data to the Dynon D100, to the true track autopilot and I now have adsb traffic on the 695. Problem is that the GPS signal keeps dropping off as is witnessed on the autopilot and the mode just seems to cycle at a frequency of about every 20-30 seconds. The needles on the D100 dissapear and then return. Any ideas? I dont think it is a loose wire as I cannot repeat the issue while bumping the wiring.

Seems that now that everything talks to one another I get ADSB on the 695 and NAV data on the Dynon D100 but every 30 seconds or so the Dynon looses its GPS info and so does the True Track autopilot. Has nothing to do with a loose connection. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it a software issue?

Back