What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 10 best operating manual recommendations please

BuddyHolly

I'm New Here
I have just gotten a gorgeous 2014 RV 10! Is there a good "Operators' Manual" to systematically learn how to keep it up, like how to change the oil, a users' guide on what each switch is, etc? (sorry, ex AF & airlines, so I'm used to that type of training!) I have all the builders' diagrams, but very little for user and pilot other than the pilot handbook and legal stuff.

Poh

Yes, a nice poh would be great. Unfortunately, writing one is not required and every airplane is different.

If the builder did not write one, start making your own. You will need to research each item and write it into a poh.

There are several great examples available as starting places. Check those out to get an idea. I think they are found listed under poh on the home page of VAF.

Hi Buddy,
Welcome to the madness!
Where are you based? KCCR? Have a hangar? I’m close enough (Castro Valley, based at LVK) that if you want some help with your first oil change, just let me know. You have the IO540D4A5?
It’s pretty hard to have a standardized POH - I’d venture a guess that no two -10’s have an exactly identical panel.
I’d be happy to email a PDF of the POH I wrote for mine, if you’re interested.

Bob

Back