What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X - These words are not in the manual...

Reflex

Well Known Member
I must say that the frustration I have today is at it's highest point of the build. I've been trying to understand the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) pins of the GAD 27. The short version is that I could not tell if pins 45, 46, & 47 are on the ground side or if they are power lines. After measuring the voltage between one these pins and ground and getting 0V, I decided that they are ground rather than power.

With this in mind, I connected a LED (Oplite) to pin 36 (DC Lighting pwr) to ground. The light comes on and dims properly. However, the knob is a bit touchy so I went into configuration mode a made single change in voltage. I decided that I didn't want to save the change and should probably do some additional research so I shut the system down. I then rebooted to the configuration mode.

I got the following phrase, "Erase all user data?" The choices are yes or no.

When "no" is chosen the system boots to the normal user screen. I have not chosen yes as I'm afraid of losing all my data.

When consulting the 944 page manual, I found the phrase "Erase all user data?" is nowhere in the manual. In fact, the word "erase" only comes up twice.

Question, has anybody else seen this? At this time I have answered "no" allowed the system to fully boot and then shut it down.

Any idea how I get back into the configuration mode without choosing yes?

I must say that the frustration I have today is at it's highest point of the build. I've been trying to understand the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) pins of the GAD 27. The short version is that I could not tell if pins 45, 46, & 47 are on the ground side or if they are power lines. After measuring the voltage between one these pins and ground and getting 0V, I decided that they are ground rather than power.

With this in mind, I connected a LED (Oplite) to pin 36 (DC Lighting pwr) to ground. The light comes on and dims properly. However, the knob is a bit touchy so I went into configuration mode a made single change in voltage. I decided that I didn't want to save the change and should probably do some additional research so I shut the system down. I then rebooted to the configuration mode.

When "no" is chosen the system boots to the normal user screen. I have not chosen yes as I'm afraid of losing all my data.

When consulting the 944 page manual, I found the phrase "Erase all user data?" is nowhere in the manual. In fact, the word "erase" only comes up twice.

Question, has anybody else seen this? At this time I have answered "no" allowed the system to fully boot and then shut it down.

Page 26-7 of the Rev. AP G3X Touch Installation manual explains that:

"The PWM lighting outputs (pins 45, 46, 47) are active low, and can sink a maximum of 500 mA average current."

As shown on page 27-18, you connect the ground side of the backlight string to one of pins 45, 46, or 47.

PWM Lighting GAD27.png

If you are seeing the "Erase all user data?" prompt when trying to power up into configuration mode, you are not pressing and holding the correct key.

Press and hold the Menu key during power-up to enter configuration mode on a GDU 4XX PFD display.

Steve

Configuration Mode Guidance

Good Afternoon,

If you are pressing the MENU button, then you should not be getting this prompt. Please reach out to us at 1-866-854-8433 and we can assist you directly. We apologize for the frustration up until this point, and we will help to get things on track for you.

Thanks,

Justin

Back