What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GSA28 fails to update

Timrf79

I'm New Here
Hi,
Looking for help here as this forum has had the best tips so for.
I have an install with a G3X touch, G5, GFC500, and some more.
updated the G3X touch and all modules update just fine, with the exception of one out of 3 GSA28 servos.
That one servo goes to 100% and then gets a transfer failed error.

The AP worked fine just before the update, so there can’t be any inherent communication issues.

Tried pulling breaker from al things but G3X touch, GFC500 and avionics fan.
No change.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
You say there can’t be any inherent comms issue, but there might be unreliable comms with that servo that prevent the update from completing, but still allow it to operate.

In the G5 or G3x, there is a data logging and diagnostics screen (look in the manual for details), turn on data logging for the inevitable upload to Garmin support, and check the diagnostics screen for communication errors.

Also, might be helpful to know what version the servo is at currently, and what version you are trying to go to.

I had a problem where I couldn’t update my GMU11 until I resolved some canbus errors.

Out of curiosity, which RV is this?

Did you review the LRU screen for network error rate before and after the update? How does that look? I suspect you have some sporadic errors in the bus that caused this, you may be able to see them in the above.

Back