What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A variety of tip-up canopy modifications

Howdy Mike. Thanks for the kind words in your video, much obliged! If ever you need anything else, I am always here.

Very nice video and the mods are awesome! Too bad my canopy is finished. Keep us posted on your progress with the canopy itself.

Wow, what a fantastic mods especially on the canopy opening mechanism. Having built one of these canopies, I can appreciate the awesome work you have put into this to make it so much better.

That pushrod/cam system that raises the front of the canopy 1/8" during opening is a work of art. My jaw dropped as you described it all. I can't even imagine the amount of effort that went into this!

All that metal should help with forward CG too :D

Thanks for the kind words. You're very astute to make the connection to the CG. In fact, I have a rather lightweight prop (Whirlwind 200RV) and am hoping that these mods and some others that are forward of the spar enable me to have the full baggage capacity.

That pushrod/cam system that raises the front of the canopy 1/8" during opening is a work of art. My jaw dropped as you described it all. I can't even imagine the amount of effort that went into this!

All that metal should help with forward CG too :D

WOW. That is just insane. My canopy doesn't fit right and building it was the one point where I almost gave up. Those mods are super impressive but I'll be happy flying along with my ill fitting canopy. Of all the canopies I've looked at in Oshkosh there were hardly any that matched up perfectly and looked great. This canopy will be one of the best.

Back