What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's Prop Pitch Tool 0002?

jrock836

Well Known Member
It looks like I'm about to deal with the Sensenich SB from a few years ago that was never dealt with by prior owners.

I spent last night reading all available info. I will use a digital level to set pitch. Are most using the $12.00 Van's Tool #0002, or is there a quick and easy better method?

Thanks in advance!

Joe Stone

or is there a quick and easy better method?

No. Following the KIA exactly and take your time. Van's stamped metal gage works very well and allows both blades to be set within 0.1 degree of each other. If your happy, with current performance, you should measure and document blade pitch before installing new hub...

No. Following the KIA exactly and take your time. Van's stamped metal gage works very well and allows both blades to be set within 0.1 degree of each other. If your happy, with current performance, you should measure and document blade pitch before installing new hub...

Thanks Jim! Sort of weird looking back at all the hub-bub from 2018 and just now getting it taken care of without all the worries and emotion that was swirling around back then.

Just placed the order!

Last edited:
Back