What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB-OUT post installation action items

edstepec

I'm confused on next steps post ADSB-out installation. I have installed all DYNON equipment in my 6A and contacted tower for mode c check. Response was I was on their screen. What are my next steps for ADSB out? Do I need some type of documentation that ADSB functions properly? Thanks for all your help.

adsb

go fly in the pattern and depending on where you live you should get some adsb tower hits. after you land fill this out and it will automatically send you a report.. red is bad. you are supposed to fly for 30-45 minutes and do a bunch of maneuvers but i have just done regular flights and it works just fine. i would stay close on the first one because if adsb isnt working and you leave the nest you only get so many chances before the tower gets fiesty.

https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

Actually this is not correct. To do a proper PAPR you need to be in rule airspace for 30 minutes. Above 10K, at or above class C, etc.

Actually there is no 'required' test, but if it's not working, you'll get a nice letter from the FAA letting you know :eek:
But not a bad idea to get a PAPR report just to make sure all is working correctly.

Last edited:
Simple

Go fly your plane, get out of the pattern, climb to 3000’ , fly 10 minutes at altitude. Land and go online and run PAPR report. Results in red you failed, the troubleshooting begins.

Click on first link, page 2 to run a report. Be careful if running report >1 in 24 hrs when entering zulu time of flight.

I made an entry in my log that it was tested, and passed per the reg. I did this for me/peace of mind.

https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRUsersGuide.pdf

Oh, no report generated, you likely dumb thumbed something in the request.

Last edited:
The 30 minutes in rule airspace was a stipulation to qualify for the ADSB rebate.
It is a good idea to be in rule airspace for the test, as that helps ensure you are in solid ADSB ground station (GBT) coverage, and that helps eliminate red flags caused by poor coverage in fringe areas.
And be sure you are not in "anonymous" mode during the flight

Last edited:
Back