What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two G3X interface questions

ctennis

Well Known Member
I've emailed g3xpert 10 days ago but didn't get a response yet, so thought I might try my luck here in case anyone knows:

1) In map view, there are a lot of black/white dashed lines overlaying the map that look like previous flight tracks. They're really cluttering up the display. Is there a way I can disable these in the view - I didn't find anything obvious?

2) When I activate IAS mode for an autopilot climb, it aways defaults to 90kts. Is there a way I can change this default value so I don't have to change the dial every time?

I've emailed g3xpert 10 days ago but didn't get a response yet, so thought I might try my luck here in case anyone knows:

1) In map view, there are a lot of black/white dashed lines overlaying the map that look like previous flight tracks. They're really cluttering up the display. Is there a way I can disable these in the view - I didn't find anything obvious?

2) When I activate IAS mode for an autopilot climb, it aways defaults to 90kts. Is there a way I can change this default value so I don't have to change the dial every time?

There is a way to turn off the track lines, but don't recall the name of the setting. I also found it annoying. I have not found a default setting for the IAS climb. in my experience, it seems to set itself at whatever the IAS is when activated. I miss this, as the GRT had a setting for it. There is a default for the VS mode though.

Larry

Last edited:
G3X Touch Questions

1.) This info can be found on page 384 of the G3X Touch Pilot's Guide:

Displaying/removing the track log on the Map Page

1) From the Map Page, press the MENU Key. The Map Options Window is
displayed.
2) Touch the Set Up Map... Button to display the Map Setup Page.
3) Touch the Line Tab to display the track log setup options.
4) Touch the Track Log Show/Hide Button.
5) Touch the Show Button to display the track log. Touch the Hide Button to
remove the track log.

2.) The Airspeed Reference is set to the current airspeed upon mode activation. If IAS Mode is selected while aircraft is stopped on ground, airspeed is set to Vy. The information for IAS mode is on page 337.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

Back