What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Whirlwind 15”spinner

Don’t know that WW has actually shipped any. I have the drawing but they claim the prop shipment is held up because the spinner vendor hasn’t supplied any yet. Other’s may have heard a different story. There is a Rocket that had his own made. The thread is in the propeller section.

Whirl Wind 15" spinner

I checked with WW you are correct they are suppose to start shipping 3rd week of August. Thanks

Bringing this back from the dead....

Has anyone had any luck getting a Whirlwind 15" spinner? I have an RV-74 with the stock 13", I need a 15" for my incoming Showplanes cowl. I contacted both Ohio Whirlwind, which seemed basically clueless on all things sales related and CA Whirlwind. It appears that all sales and support have gone back to California. However, they did not have a 15" spinner for the Rv-74/200 available. I thought it was weird because there used to be one available for the HRT (same hub) but the gentleman I talked to had no recollection.

Any input appreciated!

Got mine last week of January. Try this guy.

[email protected]

Edit= BTW. The spinner looks as good as the prop. Hopefully I can stay alive long enough to finish this mess but at least it looked fast for the initial 30 minute test fit-up.

Attachments

• 4CB5720C-70FC-497E-8A34-52283A1E63C2.jpg
    4CB5720C-70FC-497E-8A34-52283A1E63C2.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
showplanes whirlwind spinner

To get the Showplanes cowl to match the WW 15 inch spinner the inlets will be slightly oval and I had to add 1/4 inch of flox to the forward top cowl spinner ring taperd to zero at the split line to get the spinner gap even.

Attachments

• IMG_20230308_161634.jpg
    IMG_20230308_161634.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 72
Back