What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron Brackets

N13BN

Well Known Member
We have started work on our quickbuild wings. One of the first questions is about the attachment of the aileron brackets. If we understand it correctly, both inboard and outboard brackets are placed on top of doublers that are rivetted with dome rivets, not countersunk ones. Is it advisable to drill out these rivets and replace them with countersunk ones in order to allow the brackets to fit flush against the doublers?

Bill Newkirk

Corect!

And, make sure to measure the location for the inboard bracket - check it with the ailerons themselves! The predrilled holes and the hole for the pushrod (in the aft spar) for ours were off by 5/8" from where they were supposed to be. (The position is on the plans as a distance from the root rib, and I think someone measured from the end of the flange, not the web...)

Paul

Thanks for reply

Thanks for the tip about the inboard bracket. We'll use the aileron as a guide.

Bill Newkirk

Hello

Hi Paul;
Yes, I am flying N283RV quite a bit - exactly 200 hours since I got her from you. So far everything is hanging together quite well. You guy are getting more than your fair share of snow.

Bill Newkirk

Back