What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

One wing or two

Curious how many just build one wing at a time or work on both right and left at the same time during construction?
I think space is going to limit me to one , unless I move some things to storage.

Space required that I build one wing at a time. No big deal doing it that way. Keep in mind that each wing is slightly different from the other due to the offset spar locations so the wings aren't totally identical. Just be careful that you don't inadvertently build two right wings or two left wings......;)

I built mine concurrently and am happy I did. When you finish… you don’t have to dread doing a repeat.

I built mine concurrently and am happy I did. When you finish… you don’t have to dread doing a repeat.

Same here. Plus, when they say "mirror image" you can just peek at the other wing to visualize what you're doing. It might be difficult to figure without the other wing present. You can also gang like operations and get some efficiency...at least believe it...

I built both at the same time. For me it was easier to just walk over to the other wing to do the same task while it was still fresh in my head.

I did the spars on the bench at the same time.
All the ribs at same time but
Built them one at a time on the jig.
Second one went a lot faster than the first one.

Worked out fine.

Boomer

Back