What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisubmarine Seat Belt desired

RV6-KPTW

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am unhappy with the configuration of my existing 5th point seat belt. Does anyone know who sells / produces belts similar to the Simpson configuration shown using the buckle attachment parts shown below?

I am only interested in replacing the 5th point belt. I can explain my unhappiness but don't want to be a burden.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AntiSubmarineBelt.PNG
    AntiSubmarineBelt.PNG
    500 KB · Views: 196
5th point seat belt..

I am unhappy with the configuration of my existing 5th point seat belt. Does anyone know who sells / produces belts similar to the Simpson configuration shown using the buckle attachment parts shown below?

Somewhere I have a male side of that lap belt system that is just about 0.5" longer to accommodate the presence of the third fitting (two from the harness, one from the 5th belt). With the one in the picture, there is just not enough room for the extra hardware. If you would be interested, I can poke around in my old belts and find it. I must be a Depression Kid because I almost never throw anything away. Just ask Paula....;)

I am only interested in replacing the 5th point belt. I can explain my unhappiness but don't want to be a burden.

Well, if you hadn't said that..... Now I need to know what the issue is and what system you have.....

Had not thought of these in gender terms but am good on the male side. I purchased this from Hooker and their config for the 5th point has a fixed lower portion with a relatively large adjuster attached above that. In the attached photo, the triangular attach part should be below the seat ramp but … the length of the belt with the tag on will only allow so much access after being pushed thru the plate to the bolt.

I have had several email exchanges with Hooker without clarity so I decided to strike out on my own.

Thanks

Attachments

• A6138B4A-AC45-48BD-9570-D7210CFC4BB5.jpg
    A6138B4A-AC45-48BD-9570-D7210CFC4BB5.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 104
Back