What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

transponder and static system certification (IFR)

dbaflyer

Well Known Member
Looking for a recommendation for performing this on a G3X, G5, GSU25, GTX 23-ES, AOA with a Gamin pitot tube near the Eastern Iowa airport (KCID)...Cedar Rapids. Would like someone with experience in glass panels. Need to complete by the end of June. Near being within an hour our 1.5 hour flight.

Thanks,
Denis

Can't help with local, but can give a solid recommendation for "The Avionics Shop" in Rockford, IL (KRFD). Probably a 1 hr flight from CID. Very competent, fair and reasonably priced. The remainder of avionics shops in Chicago area are near criminal pricing levels. They are a garmin dealer with many garmin awards on the wall, and have a lot of experience with the G3X and Dynon gear. THey had no issues with my GRT setup.

Last edited:
Classic Aviation Pella Iowa PEA, is Cirrus repair station and Garmin dealer. Might be worth a phone call.

Byerly @ KPIA

Byerly Avionics at KPIA is a Garmin dealer. I have not used them, but many friends have and have been happy with their work.

I was able to get into the Avionics Place later this month but barely. They are busy and not enough workers. Thanks all

Back