What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the Missed Museum Mission

ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
Saturday 6/3/23 was too nice a day not to take advantage of. The plan was to go to McMinnville to see the Evergreen Air and Space Museum since we hadn't been in a couple of years.

When we got there, we learned that the museum no longer offered a shuttle to the airport. We also learned that the FBO there does accept reservations for their crew car(s), but that the last one was reserved by the jet folks that got there just behind us.

They mentioned that there was good uber in the area, but I don't uber.

The whole story is here:

https://www.rushesroost.com/post/rv-8-and-the-missed-museum-mission

Or, you can watch just the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCHaX-_pWfQ

Good to know. I’ll be taking one of the Grandkids to “Aviation Camp” this summer at the Museum. We’ll fly in when we can, and I was wondering what options we had to get back and forth when we fly.

Yes, walking is certainly a viable option. The only drawback is that there is a rather busy road between the airport and the museum and there is no crossing near the main parking area at the airport. There is one at the west end, so the necessary path is longer than it would otherwise need to be. Carl used some Google-fu to measure the actual distance needed to cover at about a mile.

Good to know. I’ll be taking one of the Grandkids to “Aviation Camp” this summer at the Museum. We’ll fly in when we can, and I was wondering what options we had to get back and forth when we fly.

Steve’s assessment is accurate. We ended up walking from the airport. A bit of patience and we found the Highway clear for a safe crossing. The walk is only about ten minutes by cutting through the grape orchard. You can also cross a bit east at the RV park. It is a bit longer but nicer walk. They have a dedicated path to the Museum grounds.

The FBO rents their car for $20 for two hours or overnight for $65. They only have one car.

The Army’s Golden Knights tandem team was at the airport doing jumps. Added to the experience.

Back