What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airport restaurants in New England?

Iluke

Well Known Member
Hi everyone. Looking for tips on fly-in restaurants in New England or nearby states. We're always looking for a good $100 hamburger (or omelet). There's lots of info on the web buy much of it is out of date, especially since the pandemic.

I'm attaching a list that we complied. It's organized by distance from our home field of Groton Ct (KGON). I'd appreciate any local knowledge on any I missed or got wrong.

Thanks -Ivan

Attachments

• Airport restaurants close to KGON.pdf
    93.9 KB · Views: 155
Thanks Ivan!

Hey everyone, on my computer, the image looks like nothing is there, but right click and save it - the list is there.

Merrill

NE

Southbridge MA just was listed on fun places to fly yesterday. Been there off and on with a number of owners over the years.

Restaurants

funplacestofly.com will show 20-30 airport restaurants within 150 miles of Providence
Nancy's Cafe at Minute Man Airport in Stow MA is reported to be excellent.

funplacestofly.com will show 20-30 airport restaurants within 150 miles of Providence
Nancy's Cafe at Minute Man Airport in Stow MA is reported to be excellent.

Thanks. That highlights the challenge. Nancy’s closed for good when Nancy retired a couple months ago. Another favorite still listed on multiple sites is Brittany’s on Block Island. It’s closed too. I’m hoping to crowd source that kind of local knowledge.

Unfortunately, Nancy recently retired and Nancy's Air Field Cafe is closed. The new restaurant at Minute Man will be Fourth and Field, opening in June. If you're in the area and hungry, the Midfield Cafe at Nashua (KASH) is only 10 RV minutes from Minute Man.

The Runway Restaurant at Limington-Harmon (63B) is also closed, haven't heard of a new business going in there.

HTH

Dave

Last edited:
thanks

Thanks Bruce for the link. I followed the instructions to download and imported to Foreflight. Will use it this summer as we travel around the country.

The Airplane Geeks podcast has a list here.

Last edited:
My wife and I had our wedding reception at Nu-Cavu in Kobelt Airport (N45) almost 7 years ago, at that point as skydivers.

It is still the best quality food I've found at an airport.

Skydiving accuracy competitions every Friday evening, so be alert or arrive early and enjoy the show. Be aware Gardiner Airport, a small private airport just north, is New England's busiest skydiving dropzone with two twin otters flying whenever the weather is nice - so be sure to keep plenty clear.

Back