What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2023 Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's June Flyin

Steve Koziol

It's that time of year where EAA Chapter 1384 will host this year's Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's. We started this event back quite a few years ago with the Direction and Energy of our then President Jack Savage (RV8 Driver). Jack has relocated to New England, but his dream continues. This year we invite any RV and non-RV airplane to come to Carroll County Airport (KDMW) in beautiful Westminster, MD. Our Fly-in will run from 10am-2pm on Saturday June 17th. Rain date is Sunday June 18, yes Father's Day! Check out our Chapter website for pics of previous Fly-in's. We will have food and drink available and a bottle of water for each plane as it arrives at the field.

More details to follow on a safety seminar we are planning to run. For now, if you have a question, give me a call. Steve Koziol 267 614-8251 (RV9A Driver and Past President) and yes, I like the training wheel on the nose!! Safe Travels and we look forward to seeing you next month.

Steve
N424JK
RV 9A

Anyone attending from Atlanta?

Good morning happy RVators,

I would like to attend this flyin and cover it for Kitplanes. However, my 8A is yet to be completed and flying commercial from Atlanta has too many moving parts.

By any chance is anyone from the Atlanta area planning on attending and in need of some ballast? I would be happy to share the fuel cost. If possible, I would need to return by Saturday night so I can visit my 92 year old Dad on Fathers Day.

Just throwing it out there.

Thanks!

Steve Ashby
404-310-5128

Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's

We are just about 3 weeks away from hosting our Annual RV Fly-in at Carroll County Airport (KDMW) in Westminster, MD. I spoke with our Operation's Manager for the airport, and he will again honor our self-serve gas price if you plan on getting fuel from the fuel truck. We are also putting the finishing touches on our 11:30 am Safety Discussion hosted by our own Ryan Fair. Details to follow!

We look forward to seeing you at our RV fly-in (Saturday June 17 10am-2pm) Bring a friend and an appetite!

Steve
RV9A N424JK
1000+ hours

Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's (KDMW)

We are just about 1 week away from holding our Annual Gathering of RV's Fly In. As the week moves along, I will be posting items of interest for those planning on attending this year. We will have a prize for the pilot who flies the farthest to attend the fly-in as well as other prizes to be awarded. The weather is clearing, and the haze is subsiding. We anticipate a great June 17th weekend! Safe travels1

Steve

10th Anniversary of Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's

Good morning. For those of you flying into KDMW for the first time, just a quick note that Runway 34 is a RIGHT TRAFFIC. Runway 16 is Standard Left. Saturday is shaping up to be a warm one. When you arrive expect to be greeted with a bottle of water for you and your passenger. I will post updates throughout this week about the fly-in. Safe Travels!

Steve
267 614-8251

Aviation Seminar KDMW 11:30am June 17

If you are planning to attend our fly-in this Saturday June 17th, we will be holding a seminar/talk entitled "The Inevitable Surprise-what's your plan for the unexpected?" This talk will begin at 11:30am and our speaker is Ryan Fair. "Pilots find themselves in rapidly compounding situations where little precious time is available for a thoughtful decision!"

Ryan is a former Marine Corps aviator who served 3 combat deployments in support of IRAQI FREEDOM and accrued over 2000hrs. He completed his military career as a Weapons and Tactics Instructor as well as a "stick n rudder" flight instructor and crew resource management facilitator.

Come join us for a lunch/learn session at KDMW this weekend. You will find Ryan to be highly knowledgeable and engaging on this topic!

Safe Travels and remember that Runway 34 is Right Traffic

Steve Koziol
RV 9A 1000+ hrs.
N424JK

KITPLANES Steve Ashby Visit

I had a nice conversation with Steve Ashby of KITPLANES yesterday. Steve asked me to spread the word that along with covering our Fly-in for KITPLANES, he is looking to chat with you and learn about your interesting aviation experiences. What a great opportunity to share your personal aviation stories!

Weather report for Saturday during the Fly-in is shaping up nicely! All of us at EAA Chater 1384 are looking forward to meeting new friends and visiting with old friends! Safe travels.

Steve K

My wife and I are planning on attending from Western NY. Stretching the legs of our new 9A a bit.

Weather has cleared up nicely for Saturday. Winds are forecasted right down the runway! We will be setup early for early arrivals. Looking forward to seeing that new RV 9A out of western New York! Safe travels, and we look forward to your visit! Steve

Back