What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 MATCO Pad Replacement

rkiefer2

Well Known Member
What is the process for the brake pad replacement on the RV-12 ULS with the Matco brakes?

Looks like they’re hard plumbed to the brakes. Do they need to be bled or can you unbolt and simply compress the caliper piston?

Roger,

It's trivial. Simply unbolt, insert new pads. torque to 100 inch pounds.

The next question is whether to buy raw pads and rivet to your shoes, or, to purchase the swift-line program.

-nick

I purchased an extra set of backing plates so I can have a complete set ready to be installed instead of stopping and relining a set. If not, its very easy to reline a set. I order 3 or 4 sets of pads to save shipping.

How to Reline Brakes?

I purchased an extra set of backing plates so I can have a complete set ready to be installed instead of stopping and relining a set. If not, its very easy to reline a set. I order 3 or 4 sets of pads to save shipping.

I'm looking for a new skill to acquire and decided to reline my brakes instead of ordering another new 'Swiftline' set from MatCo. It looks like I'll need to get a tool from Harbor Freight or Aircraft Spruce, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I need and how to use it?

Thanks,
-dbh

Back