What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

(Old) AOA Sport - Errors Message

jselvatici

Well Known Member
I recently tried to calibrate my AOA following the procedure on the manual of this unit, but once I power the unit, even after the "hangar calibration" done, still having the aural warning "error one one" "error three three".

Okay, even with those errors, during flight, did the zero G maneuver and recorded, slow flight and recorded, etc, but those errors still there.

Anybody have an idea? Or idea where I can send the unit to get tested/repaired?

I have on this post a picture of the unit and the PDF manual.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 11-11813manual.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 157
hmmmm

manual says (one one) problem with pressure transducer reasonableness check,.. and three three is told you earlier and still there.....

also says if you hit test while flying the calibration it might give you the one one,..... see below

one thought is possibility of rain/condensation in the pressure taps,.. that time of year with some water possibilities (have you checked/drained)

From manual:
Reasonableness ramp check of the wing
differential pressure transducer is not within
acceptable limits. This may be due to wind or
might be due to damage of the differential
pressure transducer. If the system re-tests OK in
a hangar, assume the problem was due to wind.
If the error persists, a re-calibration of the AOA
may fix the problem. If the test function was
activated during flight, this error message is
expected and normal.

Since the CPU is behind the panel, tried disconnect the lines there and perform the calibration hangar portion there to avoid any wind. But still with the message. Then during flight it was skipped to the next point which is zero G. Did that and slow flight etc.
I guess the sensor is not working properly. Will see if more folks chime in.
Appreciate the feedback.

Error message

Check all the sense lines, make sure they are tight and not chaffing.
I found one of mine had come loose and caused several error messages.

Let me know if repair cost is prohibitive. I have a brand new in the box AOA Sport that I would like to sell.

Larry

Had a similar problem and it took me awhile to figure it out. I did the hangar calibration/baseline measurement with flaps down but after that when I brought the flaps up I got the "Error 11 Error 13" aural alerts. That threw me because the manual says the same hangar cal is supposed to apply to flaps up *and* down.

So on a whim I repeated the hangar cal with the flaps up and the problem went away.

HTH

Dave

Let me know if repair cost is prohibitive. I have a brand new in the box AOA Sport that I would like to sell.

Larry

Can you PM the $$$ you have in mind? Thank you.

Had a similar problem and it took me awhile to figure it out. I did the hangar calibration/baseline measurement with flaps down but after that when I brought the flaps up I got the "Error 11 Error 13" aural alerts. That threw me because the manual says the same hangar cal is supposed to apply to flaps up *and* down.

So on a whim I repeated the hangar cal with the flaps up and the problem went away.

HTH

Dave

Interesting. I think I have done that, but I will try again to make sure and report the results.

Appreciate the feedback.

Back