What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More Outstanding Service ... FlyBoys & Flyleds

RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I ordered a couple sets of LED landing/taxi lights from FlyLED's.
https://flyleds.com/
They were delivered promptly from down under and off I went. Removed my old HID lights that were installed in the old Duckworks leading edge system.

Sorted all the parts, read the easy to understand instructions and built away. 7 our of 8 complete and number 8 bit me. I hamfisted it just enough to break the little glass bulb off one of the LED's on the board. Darn..

Emailed Paul and he said send it to Blake at FlyBoys and he could replace it and if I wanted he would assemble the whole shooting match..So.. off to Blake with my contrite letter, (he had already reached out to me since I'm sure Paul told him about me) they went. 3 days later the board (I didn't want Blake to have to build them for me) with the new LED installed came and back to the aerodrome I went to complete the process. Since I had already installed the other wing light I had already done all the prep. Wiring, cutout some Duckworks metal etc. it was about a 45 minute project and, wow, bright lights..

Long post to say thanks, but more Kudos to Paul at Flyleds for a great product, and customer service, and especially to Blake at FlyBoys Accessories

https://www.flyboyaccessories.com/

for outstanding service and a quick turnaround and he didn't charge me anything.

Another great example of the support we in the RV community get from our vendors. These are great folks to do business with. If you haven't, give them a shot.

I can't believe how bright these lights are.. Quality product!

That is great! Which model of their Duckworth replacement did you use? There is a circular and a linear (fits in the old bracket) model. I have been debating on which to use due to some hamfist tendencies that I possess.

John

I’ll second !

I needed a replacement set of “spacers” ( 3D printed angled “ washers”.. to align lights)

Although I had purchased directly from FlyLEDS,... Blake at Flyboys accessories stepped up and provided them.

So,... here is a thought......
those of us who are recipients of this great support at no (or little) cost from these or other companies,...can “pay it forward” to other outfits that help those companies or help grow aviation.....e.g. Eagle Flight,.EAA scholarships, VAF,.... etc. etc....

Combo Leading Edge landing and taxi light

That is great! Which model of their Duckworth replacement did you use? There is a circular and a linear (fits in the old bracket) model. I have been debating on which to use due to some hamfist tendencies that I possess.

John

I got these.

https://flyleds.com/products/#!/Combo-Leading-Edge-Landing-Taxi-light/p/109859298/category=0

2 sets, and they were easy to install. I removed my wing tips and it made it a bunch easier. Extremely bright and a straight forward install. I had to enlarge the opening in the DW cross pieces and Flyleds instructs you to trim their circuit board to fit. The aimable taxi light has a diffuser lens for a broader beam. 8 very bright low draw lights. Works great.

Outstanding Flyboy service

I’d like to Chime in also as to the great product of the FLYLEDS, I’m installing a 2 sets in my 10 and an 8. Great kits , great service, man they are bright!
Thanks Blake.

More kudos

I’ll add my compliments to the list for Flyboy’s Accessories. Bought a lot of stuff over the years and always got top notch equipment. I’ll also add Flightline Interiors, Cleveland Tools, Advanced Flight, and believe it or not Garmin. Yes I said Garmin even though I use an AFS Screen. I have a GTN 650, an Aera 660 backup GPS and a couple Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 cameras. I know Garmin gets a bad rap sometimes but the G3 experts have answered a lot of questions here on the forum and numerous e-mails from me about their equipment.

Back