What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Specialty - another very satisfied customer

thinkn9a

Well Known Member
After making up all the major hoses during my build, I was not looking forward to completing replacement of hoses for time in service. I contacted Aircraft Specialty about sending in my hoses so that an ?exact match? could be made up, and let him know I was hoping to get the replacement done during the next condition inspection. Steve convinced me that there was no need to send in the hoses and let me know that they work with AOG and unable to fly situations to get folks back flying, and certainly could support turnaround for a condition inspection. Interestingly he mentioned that due to most of his customers were still working, and building was an evening and weekend effort, his work had in part moved to those hours. Later I was to find he really meant it.

I received the three replacement hoses quickly, and went to install them. One of the hoses I ordered used straight fittings on both ends, just like the old hose. While working to fit that hose I decided that I was not comfortable with the required bend radius for the teflon hose. I ordered a replacement hose with an elbow on one end. Steve replied/contacted me to see if there was a problem with the originally supplied hose (there was not, just my preference, including a new routing) and to assure me that the replacement would be shipped immediately.

My contact with Steve through the whole process, included afternoon/evening email, text, and phone calls while he was making sure that I knew status of shipping, all was well, and I was good to go.

From comments on this site, I knew that Steve was service oriented before my order, and now I REALLY understand why folks say that.

P.S. if you have a question or need, and don?t see the answer on the web page, I highly recommend sending a note or giving him a call. e.g. If you are like me and have issues with getting dimensions correct for the elbows, then he will work with you and get you fittings so you can easily check the fit/alignment and get a good measurement.

Back