What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Squeaky Brakes.

Redbud40

Well Known Member
Intermittent squeaks both sides mostly when taking and turning. Discs were pretty old so replaced them. Still have squeaks. Pads almost new, lots of wear remaining. Someone suggested a washer/ spacer on the small backing plate , threaded one on outside. ?. What’s the thought of greasing the calipers. I have heard and read both schools, I think. Dry never grease cause too much dirt.
Or grease with maybe some anti seize or even brake caliper grease. What say the experts.
Red

Have you checked that the disk and U-810 bracket are not chafing? I got used to a squeak/rubbing sound out of my left main until I found that the disk had actually worn a groove in the bracket. Use washers for a min 1/16" clearance, as shown on DWG C2, sect A-A.

Thanks I’ll take a look at that. Also as long as I’m in there , anyone know if the new steel U-408 spacer for this area is available? Scott on another post said don’t call about availability they are working on em. Thanks.

Back