What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Forum Searches

compren

I went back and forth on whether to reply to the sticky, but figured my question was a little different. I know how to search with Google and can get what I want that way, but the results aren't as neatly formatted by threads.

I haven't been building in more than 6 years, so I am probably searching for things that have been answered a dozen times in the past, but I'm not getting good results. For example, today I search for "16-03-28", the SB related to the rear wing spar aileron attach. When I search here at the site, I get 2 results total, no matter whether I do an advanced search or not. Using Google I get 3 pages of results.

What am I doing wrong?

On the forum you need to use the simplest search terms possible. For example try searching on “aileron SB”. IOW keep it short and to the point. If can also help if you can narrow the search to a single sub-forum, like RV-10, Glass Cockpit, etc. vs all open forums.

use Google and the site specific qualifier site:vansairforce.net

i.e. what's the best primer site:vansairforce.net

or: 16-03-28 site:vansairforce.net
gets you 179 hits on vaf.

Hosting moved recently, and search got broken somehow in the process. The typical search seems to find very recent posts, or from 2010 and earlier.

Irony: We finally got in-forum photo hosting, but in the process we lost the ability to find all the older posts, after the contributors went to the trouble of finding stable 3rd party photo hosting....and re-linked all the photos.

Doug, can you / will you fix the forum search function?

[ed. Slated for next VBulletin update. I have purchased it and it'll eventually get done. v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back