What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alodine 1201 in Pensacola

Maybe don't?

I might suggest you don't buy it at all. Its a really nasty carcinogen and rather hard to use and dispose of properly.

Henkel

Try contacting Henkel, they may be able to tell you who they distribute to in your area?

I know its a long shot, anyone know where to buy Alodine locally in the Pensacola area?

Thanks!

Also look for MacDirmid Iridite 14-2. It's basically the same product [Think Coke versus Pepsi] I would suggest trying to buy either one in powdered form. Vastly cheaper per liquid gallon when purchased that way. I bought a 10 pound container of Iridite 14-2 years ago. I sold the excess to other builders. Dorado Kote is another similar product.

My experience is that you get much, much better results if you dip the parts in the Alodine/Iridite, as opposed to trying to brush or sponge it on. This can be done quite safely with a little care. I've got photos of how I did this on my project and on a buddy's RV-9A project. Send me a PM with your email address if interested.

Link below shows some info on 10 pounds of the Iridite 14-2 powder. I can't remember off the top of my head where I got mine. I believe it was 1 or 2 states away from me.

https://www.boeingdistribution.com/product/CHROMATE+COATING+FOR+ALUMINIUM/_C/IRIDITE-14-2-10LB

Charlie
SE Florida

Last edited:
I believe I bought it at the local auto paint supplier that sold PPG.
In your area try Automotive Paint Suppliers.

I believe I bought it at the local auto paint supplier that sold PPG.
In your area try Automotive Paint Suppliers.
Thanks for the tip, cool beans!

I bought bottom paint from PPG the last time we re-did the bottom job on our sailboat, didn't think of them.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back