What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally!!!

bjdecker

Well Known Member
Ambassador
After a 13 month building hiatus due to CoV-2, bad primer, supply chain, the bigger pieces have started to arrive!

Excellent logistics service from Stewart Transportation.

another RV-14, RV-10, & RV-8 also on the truck heading to Houston today.

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_2964.jpg
    IMG_2964.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 405
Congrats!
Interesting, looks like they are using primer with pigment now. I wonder if it is SW primer or they changed to something else.

First thing I noticed too! Best price on AKZO 2 gal kit is up to $220 from Aviall (now Boeing), shipped free with $350 in orders - I bought a pair of tires to avoid the $75 others want to ship AKZO.

Brian,

Do you think the QB Fuselage will slide partially into the back of a F150 pick-up?

Mine is arriving on 1/3 and the semi cannot make it the 1/2 mile back to my hangar.

Thanks,
Ben H.

Brian,

Do you think the QB Fuselage will slide partially into the back of a F150 pick-up?

Mine is arriving on 1/3 and the semi cannot make it the 1/2 mile back to my hangar.

Thanks,
Ben H.

8.3ft x 5.1ft seems like it should.

crate.jpg

Brian,

Thanks,
Ben H.

Yes, but be careful.

The forward fuselage will into the bed of the F-150 (5.5' box) but the spar stubs will need to sit in front of the wheel wells. The space between the wheel wells is 50" and the width of the wing spar cuffs is ~55".

B

Thanks Gentlemen, I'll probably just put it in until the stubs hit the wheel wells since I only have to creep down the 1/2 mile drive and I don't want to man-handle it over them. I'll post pictures Tuesday afternoon.

Ben H.

I cannot say enough good things about Stewart Transportation, they are punctual and vary careful with their cargo. The unloading went seamlessly. As you can see in the photo, the QB Fuselage will fit in the back of a F150 very nicely, I wouldn't want to travel very far or fast that way though. The crated Finish Kit did fit very nicely in my Son's truck as well.

Ben Huston

Last edited:
Back