What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

External Go Pro Camera Battery Pack Mount

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I have a great mount for my gopro attaching it to my tie down. The problem is the batteries are crapola as far as lasting more than 30 min. If I mount the camera in the cockpit I can use an external battery pack. Under the wing - I need to figure that out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TewJjnnrMI

Dont be too harsh on the landings - this was my first solo!

My idea is to mount the battery pack on the inside of the inspection panel and run the charging cable out a small hole. Has anyone done this or figured out how to mount a battery pack? It is not an area you want something coming loose, so I am looking for ideas. My first idea is to make a case from Kydex and rivet or bolt it on. Maybe an aluminum box with hinge door and secure hasp?

I cant be the first frustrated with the battery life so what have you guys done?

Thanks

Power supply not needed

The power supply is not really needed. It adds weight and money not well spent. The only thing you need from FlightFlix is the waterproof cable unless you only fly fair weather only then you can use a regular usb-c cable. I installed a 2.4A usb cigarette lighter type port ($20) in the wing and plugged the usb-c cable into it

The power supply is not really needed. It adds weight and money not well spent. The only thing you need from FlightFlix is the waterproof cable unless you only fly fair weather only then you can use a regular usb-c cable. I installed a 2.4A usb cigarette lighter type port ($20) in the wing and plugged the usb-c cable into it

Good idea. I have a usb charger already in the cabin - maybe add another to the wing. Thanks

Back