What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I just hit 1000 hours in my RV

roofus4

Not sure why I’m so proud of this, but I just hit 1000 hours in the plane yesterday while flying home from Atlanta to Houston. I know a lot of you guys have waaaaaay more than that, like Vlad, but it just feels like a cool milestone.

I bought the plane in March of 2016 with 421 hrs on it, and yesterday I passed 1421 hrs on the way home. It’s fun to think back to all trips I’ve taken, and all the places I’ve gone in this plane getting those hours. Also fun to think of all the friends that have flown with me. Unfortunately, some that are no longer with us.

I remember as a young pilot just trying to get a 1000 hrs total in any plane to help get an airline job, and now I’ve done it just fiddle farting around in my RV.

Attachments

• BED982D3-75DA-4A8B-B3A8-91D8E73A9A45.jpeg
    BED982D3-75DA-4A8B-B3A8-91D8E73A9A45.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 248
Congratulations! 200 per year is some good flying. I just passed 200 total so I have a ways to go. My RV won't be done for a couple years but cannot wait to punch some holes in the air.

1000 HRS

Congratulation...It took me 20 years to do that here in the frozen north..:p:p

Bruno

Так держать!

Congratulations Rob! Nice aircraft you have. Come visit next year let's do some serious hiking.

Rob_-_1_(2).jpeg

Rob_-_1.jpeg

Rob_-_1_(1).jpeg

Just getting broke in...

Not sure why I’m so proud of this, but I just hit 1000 hours in the plane yesterday while flying home from Atlanta to Houston. I know a lot of you guys have waaaaaay more than that, like Vlad, but it just feels like a cool milestone.

I bought the plane in March of 2016 with 421 hrs on it, and yesterday I passed 1421 hrs on the way home. It’s fun to think back to all trips I’ve taken, and all the places I’ve gone in this plane getting those hours. Also fun to think of all the friends that have flown with me. Unfortunately, some that are no longer with us.

I remember as a young pilot just trying to get a 1000 hrs total in any plane to help get an airline job, and now I’ve done it just fiddle farting around in my RV.

Just getting broken in....
Congrats!
Smokey
:)

Back