What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HS stringers machine countersink

jcbarker

Well Known Member
While clecoing (is that a word?) the HS skins to the Spar assy I realized that the stringers needed to be machine countersunk. Did I miss that? Went back to the plans/instructions to confirm. I could not find a diagram or instructions to do that. So... un-cleco, counter sink, re-cleco. Carry on. Anyone else find this omission? I searched the forum but didn't find another post on this. Not surprising. I always have trouble find posts on a topic.

Hey John

Looks like drawing 08-08 step #5.

"Machine countersink the #40 holes of the HS-00914 Stringers for the dimples in the skin."

Hope this helps.

Arnie

It's step #4 but there it is.
Thanks Arnie. Apparently reading the instructions 5 times is not enough:rolleyes:
Stringer csink.JPG

John

Pro tip

Go to google for your searches. For your question I typed in ( machine countersink stringers RV14 site: vansairforce ) You don't need to use parentheses. I just did it for emphasis.

Found your answer in seconds. Works for any and all searches from the site. Try it. I learned how to do that from someone on this site. Im plumbing my engine right now and use it often.

All the best.
Arnie

Last edited:
Couple of comments.

- AlphaCharlieBravo Did you meant to stay step 4? We are still on revision 0 as far as I can tell.

- To add to the pro tip, also reference the WIKI (see bellow) for other gotchas before you get to a step. This is a new one so Instead of making a link to this thread I am underlining FRONT SPAR, REAR SPAR on the plans to try to keep unnecessary reading to a minimum.

Last edited:
Back